Sunday, June 20, 2010

Aurora Paddlefest



I too had a great time out on the lake as safety boater both days. All the people out on the lake that I talked to had nothing but positive comments about this opportunity to get into a boat. I saw a family of 4 out there both days in various boats - they had a ball. I even had to get rid of a spider out of one child's boat so she could continue to enjoy her time on the lake. What fun it was to see kids out on the lake.

Our campground was a little muggy but well protected from the wind that took down a lot of the canopies during Saturday afternoon, but our tents (there were 4 of us staying overnight out there on the north part of the island) stayed put and didn't take on any water inside. Lots of lightning bugs shining their white lights - I'm used to seeing fireflies with yellow lights, but these gave off a white light - hundreds of them. A couple of bull frogs seranaded us all night long.

Thanks Tom L, Gary M and Tom E for all your work to put on this huge party for us boaters.
Dan


Thanks to all the voulenteers from our club. I was impressed by the sheer numbers.

Joe Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment