Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wednsday Night Paddle

8 paddlers showed up for tonights paddle , albeit, one was quite late. Sorry, I take no prisoners..The sky was cloudless and the wind was perfect for sailing..Skirts off to Dan Leigh, literaly, for hosting a bracing clinic..braces are just not for teeth we learned. The clinic started on dry land..rolling a kayak on dry land is ..well just weird. We soon took to the water..While the clinic went on, a few paddlers went searching for Pirates and Nessie...I hope someone will fill in the gap about the clinic, as Doug and I went searching for Nessie...Our trip was great as we filled our boats with fish, played beach volley ball and dined on all the Fox River Smorgasbord could offer...THEN WE SAW HER !!!...NESSIE..She snarled at my boat as if she needed a toothpick and I was just the cellophane wrapper.That Beaver is HUGE!!! We paddled out of there ...right quick !! We met up with the paddlers from the clinic...They could sense the TERROR we endured. We paddled to the take out and ended the paddle. A special rethanks you to Dan for sharing his talents with us..( Did I mention about someone giving us a recap of the session???)

Thanks to the great group tonight

Thanks Bill, Dan, Doug B,Darria, Jo-Jo , PAT and the Cagless one whom I may never mention in name.

Thanks for sharing the river with me

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment